[c-nsp] GRE tunnel flapping every 15 minutes

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:37:10 EST 2011

We just replaced the ISR 871 with a brand new ISR881. The issue
persists.  We have a dozen other tunnels terminated on the same head
end. None of them has issue.

I did run Ben suggested debug ip icmp. The ISR871 is still sending out
icmp reply even we are not able to get it from out end during the
tunnel down 30 seconds interval.

When our engineer was on site. He was able to ping the WAN gateway on
the cable modem during the 30 seconds down time, but not able to ping
the tunnel destination.   He also tried to ping from the ISR881, was
able to ping WAN gateway, but not the tunnel destination.

I am now leaning toward routing issue within Comcast or cable modem issue.

Thanks,

Schilling