[c-nsp] Router recommendation for small ISP

Mounir Mohamed mounirmohamed at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 04:11:08 EST 2011

It depends on the number of BGP sessions you gone use, multiple BGP sessions
with full internet routing table (340K right now) will be stored smoothly on
an RP with 4G or 8G memory, but after completing the BGP decision process it
will end up with less than 500k on the forwarding path (ESP5 with 500k
limit), so till now no problem,  but if you are planning to use a multipath
option (rare in ISP) you may have a problem.

--
Best Regards,
Mounir Mohamed, CCIE No.19573 (R&S, SP)