[c-nsp] Router recommendation for small ISP

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Feb 17 05:12:43 EST 2011

On 17/02/2011 10:03, Mounir Mohamed wrote:
>  From a different angle, IPv4 depletion will defuse the increasing of IPv4
> routes on the internet.

That may happen.  Alternatively, as people become desperate about acquiring
new IPv4 address space in order to grow their businesses, they will buy /
lease it on the grey market.  If this happens, it's quite likely that
deaggregation will happen at a hugely accelerated rate.

At the moment, it's not clear which way it's going to go, but if I were
buying an ASK1k for DFZ operation right now, I would make sure it could
handle 1m ipv4 prefixes.

Nick