[c-nsp] 6509 IPv6 OSPF Auth

Justin Krejci jkrejci at usinternet.com
Fri Feb 18 12:51:57 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 17:30 +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 18/02/2011 17:23, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> > surry, but we don't have OSPF authentication for IPv6 (using IPSec) on
> > the 6500 right now. can you please speak with your partner/account team
> > about roadmap/plans for this feature?
>
> Yeah, this was a real case of academic tunnel vision at the IETF.  After
> all, why use weak, old MD5 when IPv6 mandates good, strong IPsec support?
>
> /me makes note to poke his account manager about this.
>
> Nick

Yeah... I guess no one would ever use IPv6 with OSPF until IPv6 feature
sets are completely matured on all platforms of every major vendor. Or
maybe no vendor should release any v6 support until every feature was
100% v6 enabled.

I guess I will disable IPv6 OSPF auth for now, what good is it anyways
right? ;)

Thanks for the info guys.