[c-nsp] C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE on Cat 4900M

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Feb 21 10:41:55 EST 2011

We have a server connected to a 4900M at 10gig and it's generating the
following alerts:

Feb 21 10:19:31.992: %C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE: Blocked transmit
queue HwTxQId7 on Switch Phyport Te1/1, count=102512

I found https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4766 after some
searching:

----
Resolution      Perform these procedures as a workaround for this issue:
1. Issue the shut /no shut commands to recover the port and configure
both ends to operate at the same speed and duplex, as per Cisco bug ID
CSCsb62330.
2. If the problem persists, move the connected device to another port
and see if the problem also happens there.
3. Issue the hw-module reset command to reboot the switch or reset the
line card, as a final attempt to unblock the Transmit (Tx) queue.

Alternatively, upgrade the the Cisco IOS(r) version to the 12.2(25)EWA2
and 12.2(25)SG releases, which have the fix for this problem, as per
Cisco bug ID CSCsb01311.
----

I'm running 12.2(44r)SG5 and do not have any qos features in the config,
so I'm running whatever is default.  The server is a centos 5 system
running an off the shelf Intel X520-SR1 nic.  It's gone unreachable so I
need to go to the data center to see what's on the server's screen but
figured I'd see if I need to make some changes to it before heading
over.

Thanks,

David