[c-nsp] Multicast Packet Loss over GRE

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Fri Feb 25 13:50:51 EST 2011

If it's enough / consistent enough packet drops you should be able to see a diff on the two tunnel routers in "sh ip mroute x.x.x.x x.x.x.x count". This should at least confirm where the drops are happing.

Mcast packet forwarding is not significantly different for being over a GRE tunnel if we are talking about a software router (do normal mcast stuff then hand off for encap or decap then hand to mcast code). Hardware platforms on the other hand are a diff story.

-Ben