[c-nsp] bgp communities over vpn mpls

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Mon Feb 28 19:46:02 EST 2011

It's not really a problem.  The reality is that these decisions are made
when the service/network is designed and never thought of again.  Peering PE
to PE doesn't change the communities on individual routes or how they are
handled in the network.  Also, many networks peer only the PE to PE or RR/PE
to PE and have all the P routers running an IGP only.  Every network is
different.  You just need a policy that is designed to permit only what you
wish to allow into your network.  It's no different than designing a BGP
policy for internet connections.