[c-nsp] Upgrading IOS to crypto image

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jan 3 19:05:55 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 10:17 -0600, Christopher.Marget at usc-bt.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Let's say that I've got some Catalysts that were ordered without a k9
> (crypto) software image.  These switches are under SmartNet support,
> and are installed in a crypto-okay country.  I'm happy with the
> current feature set and version, except that I want to enable SSH.
> Do I need to talk to Cisco about this?  Pay them anything?  Update the
> support contracts?

I couldn't imagine they'd charge extra for that. For the smaller
Catalyst switches (29xx/3xxx) you're always entitled to upgrade within
the same feature set (Base/Services).

AFAICT there's no product sold for going from a non-K9 version to a
K9-enabled version of any software.

Of course, only way to be certain is asking Cisco.

--
Peter