[c-nsp] Layer Two tunneling question (advice needed)

Thomason, Simon Simon.Thomason at racq.com.au
Mon Jan 3 20:32:26 EST 2011

Do you have MPLS between your 6500 already as what you are talking about doing is a xconnect or EoMPLS which would rely on you already having an MPLS network?

A xconnect would provide you with layer2 between sites and they are easy to setup as long as you already have the MPLS network in place.

You might want to also have a look at OTV on the nexus 7k if you want layer2 site to site.

Cheers,

Simon T