[c-nsp] Advice - CCNA Security certification

Robert Maier desolationrob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:22:24 EST 2011

first of all, you have to take the CCNA or ICND1+" Exams,otherwise the
CCNA Security does not "count".

I´ve prepared myself with the official Certification Guide, but this
does not cover all the exam stuff deep enough. So maybe a second book
should be on your bucket list. Take also a moment to checkout the CCNA
Security area at cisco learning network, when you are logged in ( a free
account is fine for that) you can see the topics.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/security_ccna

but i would not recommend buying an explicit IPS book, this topic is not
covered in depth,also you ned no klowledge about PIX/ASA OS,all firefall
topics are about IOS Firewalls (CBAC and also zonebased)
I recommend also to use the SDM as much as you can (maybe you have
device which you can use for that, but GNS3 or even the simulator is OK)
because there are many questions and simulation with that.