[c-nsp] Pearson IT Certification's Cisco Network Simulator: how good is the Mac Port?

Robert Maier desolationrob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:07:06 EST 2011

it´s strictly forbidden to download IOS when you don´t have a contract for
it :) i´ll not give anyone any links to such sites.

Download an IOS from an device that you own is something "grey" imho..should
be OK, also for cisco.

There is a good tut for GNS3 on the official website (doesn´t matter if you
are using OS X,Linux or Windows, it always looks and feels the same), but i
think it´s self-explanatory, feed it with IOS (PIX,ASA an JUNOS also
possible) and start it it up, connect the devices,push the play button and
then the "CMD" button, simple as that.
But a major drawback is that you can not emulate a Switch (only a NM-16ESW
module -.- ) or Routers from ISR models up/newer, eg the only platform with
a IOS 15 is a 7200.