[c-nsp] bbq 2970

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 11:21:37 EST 2011

Hi,

>    Have you looked at the 2960S series? �I am doing some testing with them
>    and I'm pleased with them as a middle step before the 3750. �They are
>    built on the 2960 which is more reliable than the 2970 was and they are
>    stackable as well, although 10G and not 64/128G like the 3750.

for their purpose, 3750e are being used. we are using 2960s but at the access layer
(slowly getting rid of 2950 and pre-S 2960 edge switches).  2960S is quite limited
really - only 4 can be members of the stack, the stack is only 10G, the
interfacing options are weaker and they dont have the suite of security features
that the 3750E/3750X offer...hence why we're 3750e/X at the distribution.
...we are also quite eager for the latest IOS for the 2960S as they have plenty of
issues that need ironing out  ;-)

alan