[c-nsp] IOS - ipv6 uppercase in config - why ?

Sascha Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Wed Jan 5 11:51:17 EST 2011

> Is there a reason that ipv6 addresses are stored with uppercase letters in
> config ?
[...]
> At issue is when I do 'show run | inc 2607:ff70' and get nothing I scratch my
> head for a second.  Then I try 'show run | inc 2607:FF70' and get what I
> expected.  This seems inefficent, error-prone, and likely to drive Randy Bush
> crazy :) <ducks>

+1 !

Especially as you need to raise and lower the small finger up and down
during typing as your example could also easily result in !"=/:FF/=
at least on a German layout ;-)

I'd be happy satisfied enough if "| inc" would be case-insensitive. Or is
there an option I missed? Or a thoughtful reason to leave it as it is?

-Sascha