[c-nsp] What is the fpd package used for in newer IOS releases?

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:30:11 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM, David Prall <dcp at dcptech.com> wrote:
> FPD Field Programmable Device. Typically WAN Interface firmware updates.
> Typically you'll have "upgrade fpd auto" in the configuration.
>
> A quick search:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/conf
> iguration/7600series/76fpd.html
>
> David

Interesting. We have no WAN interfaces on these 7600s and 6500s, so I
wonder if it's necessary at all. The engineer I was referring to
earlier works in a different part of the company and it's entirely
possible that they have different interfaces on their 7600s since
they're used for different purposes. I suppose it's possible that they
need the fpd upgrade but we do not.

Thanks!