[c-nsp] IOS - ipv6 uppercase in config - why ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Jan 5 22:39:23 EST 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Aaron wrote:

> So, how would you propose that the system know that you are looking for an IPV6 config vs something else like a description or named acl/tunnel/etc?

Yeah I thought of that but failed to mention it.  In short, one wouldn't
put the (impossible ?) burden on the parser to make that determination.

I think the 'right' thing to do is (for Cisco) follow the RFC(s) as the
other posters helpfully pointed out (great info, exactly what I was
looking for).

I think the short answer for now is 'deal with it'.  The longer answer is
stay tuned to cisco-nsp/release notes/etc. to see if/when it is changed in
the future.

This is the kind of 'minor detail' that I like to be sure I understand,
and then put into training material I put together for our internal folks.
Thanks to all who replied.