[c-nsp] Securing OSPFv3 on 6500/7600 Routers?

Devon True devon at noved.org
Thu Jan 6 01:11:17 EST 2011

On 1/6/2011 12:50 AM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
> Um, I thought multiple vendors supported MD5 for OSPFv3, do they not?
> That's what I was alluding to when I said that MD5 should suffice.
>
> If I'm wrong about this, thanks much for the schooling!

If anyone knows of a way to do this on a 6500/7600, please let me know. :)

7600 running 12.2(33)SRC5:

router(config)#ipv6 router ospf 1
router(config-rtr)#?
  area                   OSPF area parameters
  auto-cost              Calculate OSPF interface cost according to bandwidth
  default                Set a command to its defaults
  default-information    Distribution of default information
  default-metric         Set metric of redistributed routes
  discard-route          Enable or disable discard-route installation
  distance               Administrative distance
  distribute-list        Filter networks in routing updates
  event-log              OSPF Event Logging
  exit                   Exit from IPv6 routing protocol configuration mode
  ignore                 Do not complain about specific event
  interface-id           Source of the interface ID
  log-adjacency-changes  Log changes in adjacency state
  maximum-paths          Forward packets over multiple paths
  no                     Negate a command or set its defaults
  passive-interface      Suppress routing updates on an interface
  process-min-time       Percentage of quantum to be used before releasing CPU
  queue-depth            OSPF Hello/Router process queue depth
  redistribute           Redistribute IPv6 prefixes from another routing protocol
  router-id              router-id for this OSPF process
  shutdown               Shutdown protocol
  summary-prefix         Configure IPv6 summary prefix
  timers                 Adjust routing timers

router(config-if)#ipv6 ospf ?
  <1-65535>            Process ID
  cost                 Interface cost
  database-filter      Filter OSPF LSA during synchronization and flooding
  dead-interval        Interval after which a neighbor is declared dead
  demand-circuit       OSPF demand circuit
  flood-reduction      OSPF Flood Reduction
  hello-interval       Time between HELLO packets
  mtu-ignore           Ignores the MTU in DBD packets
  neighbor             OSPF neighbor
  network              Network type
  priority             Router priority
  retransmit-interval  Time between retransmitting lost link state advertisements
  transmit-delay       Link state transmit delay

- --
Devon