[c-nsp] How to limit bandwidth on CISCO switch interfaces

Andriy Bilous andriy.bilous at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 05:19:45 EST 2011

That is correct answer, with some hidden side-effects though.
srr-queue bandwidth limit requires mls qos to be enabled globally. mls
qos by default places queue 1 on ALL egress ports in shaped mode and
reserves 1/25 * interface bandwidth = 4Mb/s on the 100Mb/s interface.
Shaped queue does NOT shrink with bandwidth limit configured for the
interface like one would expect. You either need to reassign weight,
as shaping value is always calculated relative to physical bandwidth,
or eliminate shaping all together.