[c-nsp] ASR 9000 Newbie question

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:22:04 EST 2011

We have a couple of new ASR 9k routers in our test lab. None of us
have had training on them yet and none of us know IOS-XR yet. One of
our engineers is installing the new blades and two of them are coming
up with red lights and are staying inactive. We can't figure out how
to troubleshoot this in XR. There doesn't seem to be anything in the
logs, which is weird. I suggested that he verify that logging is
configured. It could be that there are errors, but they're just not
being logged.

I've got the IOS XR Fundamentals book, but I don't see any commands
related to this yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!