[c-nsp] Galvanic eletrical / optical fiber switchers for lab. Anyone know where to buy???

Johannes Resch jr at xor.at
Fri Jan 7 09:36:48 EST 2011

Eric Hoelzle wrote:
> http://www.apcon.com/solutions/?p=lab might be what you are looking for.
>
> I've heard positive things about them but have not used them personally.

We are using Apcon Intellapatch Series 2000 in our lab (1G ports only,
no 10G), works very well for us.
Particularly useful is the feature to copy traffic of a given
bidirectional connection to a 3rd port (e.g. traffic analyzer).
So much easier & faster to setup compared to manual cabling to introduce
a passive optical splitter.. :-)

It also allows interconnecting copper and fiber ports.

cheers,
-jr