[c-nsp] BFD alternative

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sun Jan 9 12:23:22 EST 2011

On 2011-01-09 17:40, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> We're in the the process of turning up an MPLS network using ASR9ks
 > and ME3600s.  We're looking to get away from L2 and interconnect all
 > the devices at L3.

Wise move.

 > To facilitate this, we were originally going to use unnumbered on all
 > the PE-PE, P-P, P-PE links but we just recently discovered that BFD
 > isn't supported on unnumbered Gig/TenGig interfaces.

Why go for unnumbered? It will be harder to troubleshoot, and the
address conservation for IPv4 /30 and IPv6 /64 just doesn't make sense
unless you're really short for IPs.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net