[c-nsp] SFP-GE-T

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 09:55:28 EST 2011

Hi,

> > CUurent IOS I'm using is Cisco 7600-RSP720 IOS ADVANCED IP SERVICES SSH
>
> 6748-SFP doesn't support this, so I guess 6724-SFP doesn't ether.
>
> The 6748-TX can do 10/100, but not the SFP linecards.

aye. whole big can of worms.  the module itself is capable...but the linecards
and OS in use will give you different results. on the WS-X6724-SFP under SXF, SXH or SXI
you can do 'speed 1000' and thats all (which does nothing) ...it promises you
'speed nonegotiate' too - but that gives you "Command not allowed because GBIC is 1000BaseT."
(so once again, why bother having it there?)

alan