[c-nsp] SPAN on 6500

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Jan 13 11:42:00 EST 2011

Hi Chuck,
You're correct, if you first configure the span dest as a .1q trunk,
the SPANned traffic will go out vlan tagged (regardless of whether
the original traffic actually had a vlan tag or not).

You might want to check this (old but still relevant) doc on cco:
http://bock-bock.cisco.com/~tstevens/White_Papers/virtual-span/virtual-span.pdf

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 08:16 AM 1/13/2011, Church, Charles muttered:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759