[c-nsp] Netflow Version 9

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sun Jan 16 05:39:07 EST 2011

On 2011-01-16 11:00, Ziv Leyes wrote:
> I knew this is likely to be the answer I get, I was wondering why
 > in a Cisco device you can opt for ip flow-export version 1, 5 or 9,
 > not all the other in between...

Wouldn't it be obvious? Some are long obsoleted and some made to
work around limitations of specific architecture. The v9 was then
made to get the best from flexibility. It doesn't make much more sense
to keep the obsoleted templates in software and hardware just for
someone to be able to get back in time a bit :)

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net