[c-nsp] Netflow Version 9

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jan 16 07:30:34 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:00:49PM +0200, Ziv Leyes wrote:
> I knew this is likely to be the answer I get, I was wondering
> why in a Cisco device you can opt for ip flow-export version 1, 5
> or 9, not all the other in between...

Well, v6 and v7 is sort of long-obsolete (it was only used for
direct export from cat5000 line cards, if I remember right, and
never used anywhere else).

v8 is netflow aggregation, and this can be done with the v9 format as
well, so no need for yet another export engine in the routers.

(Never seen v2..v4 anywhere, must have been lab versions)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de