[c-nsp] Preloading AS to static network entry via route-map:Duh?

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Mon Jan 17 13:58:35 EST 2011

Just to complete my answer, and build on top of Artyom's comment, you
could use your route-map on the network statement to push a community
value which has a meaning of how many prepends you with to push on the
route.
Then, on the egress eBGP session, match on the community, and add the
prepend.

This actually allows a great flexibility, as you may have multiple
communities for different prepend lengths, or even for different kinds
of eBGP sessions (customers, peers, upstreams).

Arie