[c-nsp] ATM over a Serial Interface question

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Tue Jan 18 17:35:06 EST 2011

Hello,

We have a number of channelized DS3's that are terminating on to a 7206VXR
with the standard old PA-MC-T3 cards. We have a need to deliver ATM based
DS1's out to Adtran DSLAMs in the field. Customers will connect to the
Adtran units via ADSL and their local telco loop and their data is then
aggregated by the Adtran and on to the ATM based T1 coming back to us.

SO, my question is if we can deliver these circuits to the Adtran units
using the "encapsulation atm-dxi" on each serial interface. I know this
encapsulation is for delivering ATM through an ATM ADSU, but in this
application, does the far end Adtran function as the ADSU or are we missing
something on our end?

Thanks very much for the help.

-Nick Voth