[c-nsp] ARP strangeness

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Jan 19 02:53:18 EST 2011

No, the FTTH doesn't allow broadcasts, at all. =(

Right now the ARP timeout is 480 seconds, CAM is 540 seconds, and the FTTH's
FDB is 900 seconds.

If the CPE had a reasonable ARP timeout, it would refresh the ARP entry for
it's default gateway (7609) upon the first CPE-initiated packet after a
period of deafness, but it doesn't.

Frank