[c-nsp] While we're at it: SPAs in ASRs

Piotr Wojciechowski piotr.wojciechowski at atm.com.pl
Wed Jan 19 05:15:30 EST 2011

On 1/19/11 11:04 AM, Elmar K. Bins wrote:
> Me again,
>
> this seems to be Cisco crazyness day.
>
> I have acquired SPA-2X1GE-V2 to go along with my ASR1002, and it now
> looks like the SPA does not work inside that box (the card is found
> but the interfaces keep bouncing).
>
> Has anyone heard of compatibility problems there? I know that ASRs are
> not listed on the SPA's page on www.cisco.com; I put that down to
> Cisco as usual not updating their info. I found the SPA listed
> somewhere connected to ASRs (don't remember the place, this has been
> a while ago).
>
> If anyone has experience, please share.

Hello,

This SPA is supported in ASR1002 since the beginning afair. Check if
other SPA (same type or different) is working properly on this slot, if
this SPA will work in other chassis and SFP's if you are using them if
they are not broken. It may be hardware problem.

Regards,

--
Piotr Wojciechowski  (CCIE #25543)  | "The trouble with being a god is
http://ccieplayground.wordpress.com | that you've got no one to pray to"