[c-nsp] BGP Local Preference using Route-maps

Righa Shake righa.shake at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:45:13 EST 2011

Am using route-maps to do BGP filtering.
I have set the match statement to match the prefix-lists and then set a
local preference of 200.

When i check to see received routes from my neighbor peers the routes are
not seen to be the best routes.
However when i check as per the routing table these routes appear and appear
together with the local preference of 200.

I wondering if when i run show ip bgp neighbor <ip> received-routes , should
i not see the routes as beign the best path?

Regards,
Shake Righa