[c-nsp] BGP Local Preference using Route-maps

Harold Ritter hritter at cisco.com
Wed Jan 19 10:25:24 EST 2011

Hi Righa,

This is normal behavior. "sh ip bgp nei received-routes" display the prefixes received from the neighbor before they are processed by the ingress policies. So the local preference has not been altered at this point and no best bath selection process has been performed either.

HTH

Le 2011-01-19 à 09:45, Righa Shake a écrit :

> Am using route-maps to do BGP filtering.
> I have set the match statement to match the prefix-lists and then set a
> local preference of 200.
>
> When i check to see received routes from my neighbor peers the routes are
> not seen to be the best routes.
> However when i check as per the routing table these routes appear and appear
> together with the local preference of 200.
>
> I wondering if when i run show ip bgp neighbor <ip> received-routes , should
> i not see the routes as beign the best path?
>
> Regards,
> Shake Righa

Harold Ritter
Directeur Technique/Technical Leader