[c-nsp] WAAS CIFS Optimisation

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Thu Jan 20 06:42:40 EST 2011

> AFAIK, WAAS (4.1.3) is not able to optimise CIFS when SMB signing or
> digital
> signatures are enabled. Is it correct?

Correct.  If the WAAS could transparently alter the packets in-flight, this would rather defeat the purpose of digital signatures!

> Do i need to disable default Microsoft SMB signature to get optimal
> CIFS
> optimisation?

Yes, you do.  I've been through this exercise with a customer recently, and it makes quite a difference to the CIFS performance, even between two fairly well-connected sites.

Regards,
Tim.