[c-nsp] 7206 L2TP and Gigawords

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Thu Jan 20 09:18:21 EST 2011

Indeed the story about Gigawords seems to be full of mysticism ;-). I've
collected the following information so far, but I have still no clue how
to get it working in any SRD or SRE release:

- it's "on" by default, and therefore you don't see it in the config,
  but...

- ...if you disable this feature you'll see "no aaa accounting
  gigawords" in the config

- regardless if it's currently enabled or disabled, when you enter the
  "(no)aaa accounting gigawords" command the router tells you it will
  take effect after the next reboot

- some doc's state that this feature isn't supported in 12.2

- in a post from Oli some years ago, he mentioned that the Gigawords
  where send only when the counter really wraps and not before

But I'll continue trying to get it working.

--
Gerald