[c-nsp] 3560E TCAM Question

Jose Madrid jmadrid2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:07:41 EST 2011

I have a 3560 and when do I "show platform tcam utilization" it says that I
have 1365 directly connected routes.  This is definitely not the case and
when I do a "show ip route connected" there are various IP blocks shown, but
none longer than a /26 and maybe a total of 30 routes.  Anyone know how
these numbers are computed?

#sh platform tcam utilization

CAM Utilization for ASIC# 0                      Max            Used
                                             Masks/Values    Masks/values
 IPv4 unicast directly-connected routes:      2048/2048       1365/1365
 IPv4 unicast indirectly-connected routes:    1024/1024        190/190

--
It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.  What better place than
here? What better time than now?