[c-nsp] About Problem on Policay based routing

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Sun Jan 23 07:46:42 EST 2011

Try using the recursive option, so it forwards packets to default when the next-hop is unavailable

route-map dst_80 q
match ip address 101
set ip next-hop recursive 202.53.x.x

Or, if not available in your version (unlikely) ,try adding a secondary next-hop to the route-map

route-map dst_80 q
match ip address 101
set ip next-hop 202.53.x.x 202.53.y.y 202.53.z.z
! and so on...

Or you could use a combination of rtr track and verify-availability, read more about this here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html

Hope this helps,
Ziv