[c-nsp] SLA route tracking

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 11:06:01 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Arie Vayner (avayner)
<avayner at cisco.com> wrote:
> I would also recommend using the "delay up NN" option - this will allow
> you to make sure the route is back and stays up, and not react to
> network flapping.

For extra points, I'd suggest the user add static routes *naming the
output interface*, covering the probe destination traffic. Assuming
the 'target' lived in an adjacent network on fa 8/1, it'd look like:

ip route 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.255 fastEthernet 8/1 permanent name probe-target

This is important, as some cases exist (say, anycast internal
deployments) where a directly connected probed host is not up/working,
and the probe traffic somehow arrives at another pop or area which is
working, fooling the probing area into thinking a tracked object is
valid, and up/reachable.

-Tk