[c-nsp] CoPP IS-IS traffic on N7k

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Jan 24 22:38:46 EST 2011

On Jan 25, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Lincoln Dale wrote:

>  one would not be able to tell the degree to how 'spiky' the former is compared to the latter.

FNF supports active flow timers of 1s resolution; spikiness is eminently detectable.

> <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_15netflow.html#wp1094178>

But there are a lot of caveats associated with this, I don't think presently it can be used to get information on BPDUs and such.

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid, with millions
of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but
just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.

			  -- Alan Kay