[c-nsp] Effect of IGMP version on IGMP Snooping

Aaron Riemer ariemer at amnet.net.au
Mon Jan 24 22:46:57 EST 2011

OK I am not able to test at the moment but will the switch respond to IGMPv2
join requests from the hosts if it is running IGMPv3?

We had issues with another vendor switch that did not support IGMPv3 and the
hosts by default were running V3. The switch was unable to process the
IGMPv3 join requests but obviously this is in reverse and I assume that
IGMPv3 would be backward compatible with previous versions.

Aaron.