[c-nsp] 100Mb simplex SFP

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Jan 25 13:09:47 EST 2011

Has anyone found a working 100Mb simplex SFP that will work in Cisco switches, specifically ME3600?

The ones we've tried are recognized by the switch... :

lab#show int g0/5 transceiver properties
ITU Channel not available (Wavelength not available),
Transceiver is internally calibrated.
Name : Gi0/5
Administrative Speed: 100
Administrative Duplex: half
Administrative Auto-MDIX: on
Administrative Power Inline: N/A
Operational Speed: 100
Operational Duplex: half
Operational Auto-MDIX: off
Media Type: 100BaseLX-FE SFP

... but auto-neg doesn't seem to work.  If we force the port to full-duplex, it comes up OK, but throughput is horrible.  If the port bounces, it comes back up in half-duplex even though the port is still forced to full-duplex.  Not very workable.

We're not sure if it's the brand of SFP we're using or if this is just too much intelligence for switches to handle ;)  Hoping someone here has some experience in this area.

Thanks in advance.