[c-nsp] Move from SXI4 to SXI5

Church, Charles Charles.Church at harris.com
Wed Jan 26 18:41:25 EST 2011

All,

	I've been contemplating moving from SXI4 to SXI5 lately for our VSS
core router pair.  They're currently doing 4 lite VRFs (no MPLS), all LAN
modules, all 6700 series blades (10/100/1000), gig SFP, and 16 port 10 gig.
Some OSPF, no other protocols.  VTPv3 server, using SNMPv3 actively.  Using
a redundant sup in each chassis (they're in RPR mode).  Acting as NTP
servers, doing lots of policy routing and WCCP.  Over the last few days of
adding more and more policy routing and WCCP, the CPU (of active sup) has
been moving up to 50% and beyond, mostly interrupt based.  However in the
past, I've seen really high CPU due to that NTP bug.  I've heard rumors of
lower CPU with SXI5 in general.  Any reason not to move to this?

Thanks,

Chuck