[c-nsp] Move from SXI4 to SXI5

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jan 27 12:52:34 EST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:51:21AM -0800, Mack McBride wrote:
> We did more extensive testing in our lab and found that a default
> would cause DFC equipped blades to fail if it came up before the
> DFCs ran the TestFibDevices test but it was a Major Error instead
> of a minor error.  CFC and non-DFC blades do not show this behavior.

Ugh...

Thanks for the details.

My lab box didn't exhibit the behaviour because it only has Sup ports
and the default route points upstream (via the Sup ports) - so the route
wasn't installed before the sup interfaces were up.

For the production machines, things are different, though, and indeed
the very machine that is supposed to get SXI5 any day now has a DFC
card and gets its default route from elsewhere.

*grumble*

(Yes, I could do 2000::/3, but I'm sure this will bite me some other
time)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de