[c-nsp] L2 Ethernet bridging over GRE issues

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Thu Jan 27 13:17:08 EST 2011

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

Host A - 10.10.10.10/24

           Router A

           "Internet"

           Router B

Host B - 10.10.10.20/24

I've setup a GRE tunnel from Router A to Router B.
I've configured bridging between Tunnel0 and LAN interface on Router A
and Router B

>From Host A I can ping Host B and vice versa. So far so good, bridging works.

Router A is my "main" router and thus I've configured a BVI1 Interface
with IP 10.10.10.1/24
I've also enabled "bridge 1 route ip" on Router A.

So from Host A, I can ping 10.10.10.1, 10.10.10.20(bridging) and any
other destination on the "Internet" using the BVI1 IP as default gw.

However, here is the problem:
Host B cannot ping 10.10.10.1, nor any other IP on the "Internet",
(Host B default gateway is 10.10.10.1)

BTW this is all in dynamips with C2691 with advipservices 12.4(15)T14

What could be the problem here?

Here is Router A's config:

bridge irb
!