[c-nsp] Nexus 7000 - vPC during NX-OS upgrade (ISSU)

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:30:59 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:18:54PM +0100, Manu Chao wrote:
> I need to upgrade (ISSU) multiples N7K Dual Supervisor running vPC domains
> from NX-OS 4.2(6) to 5.1(1a).
>
> Planned to upgrade first vPC operationnal Secondary chassis then Primary.
>
> I have 2 questions:
> - Do you know if vPC is compatible with ISSU?
> - Does vPC work between NX-OS 4.2 and 5.1?

Not what you were asking for, but something you might want to know
about your target code image:

After we upgraded to 5.1(1a) from 5.0(2) we hit a bug that crashes the
sup when you type "show vpc consistency global" on a router whose vlan
and SVI config generates a sufficiently long string of info to trigger
the bug.

bugID on this issue: CSCtk16254 "Manual vpc consistency check crashes
the sup"

-Charles

Charles E. Spurgeon / UTnet
UT Austin ITS / Networking