[c-nsp] active/standy failover

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jan 28 16:05:53 EST 2011

As mentioned below, the ASA does not have a dedicated serial failover
port as does the PIX. You use the Ethernet port(s) on the ASA for
LAN-based failover/stateful duties.

Ensure that your failover/stateful port(s) is/are "at least" the same
capacity/speed as that of any production interfaces.
The reference about running the failover link over a switch is mentioned
in the link below but to the best of my knowledge, connecting the ports
directly together works fine as well.

For more information:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configura
tion_example09186a00807dac5f.shtml