[c-nsp] filter downstreams on upstreams/IX

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Mon Jul 4 03:46:50 EDT 2011

Hey,

I wounder what current BCP for filtering AS of our customers? Currently
we don't accept announces of our downstreams via uplinks and IX. But I
believe this is not ideal scenario, loosing connection to downstream
means, our network loosing connection to this network and all AS behind
them. Thus this defeat purpose having AS to re-route traffic when
something bad happens.

I think highest[of all] bgp local preference for customers should do
trick, do I miss something else?

Thanks