[c-nsp] Problem with FTP

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jul 5 04:17:02 EDT 2011

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Ahmed Shetta wrote:

> hello all ,
> i have a problem
> the ftp connection is blocked in our router , so i created an access list
> that allow the ftp connection to be passed , but nothing changed , any body
> has any suggestion ,
> the list i created is :
> ip access-list extended TRAFFIC_IN
> permit tcp any any eq 21
> then i applied in on the interface

FTP needs more than port 21 to work properly. TCP/21 is only used for the
command channel.

Also, people won't be able to help you if you use terms like "doesn't
work". You need to describe the problem better. "I do not get a SYN+ACK
back to the client when doing TCP/21 SYN request" would be a better
description of your problem (if that indeed is what it happening).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se