[c-nsp] SUP-2T and ingress netflow + microflows policing

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 04:48:40 EDT 2011

On 07/13/2011 07:12 AM, Robert Hass wrote:
> Hi
> I'm currently using 6500 with SUP720 and 67xx CFC linecards (mainly
> almost all are 6704-10GE).
>
> Is SUP-2T (PFC4) changes anything about possible simultaneous features
> configured on one interface comparing to SUP720 (PFC3) ? My goal is to
> have ingress netflow and microflow policing configured on same
> interface simultaneous.

Yes, I believe so. AIUI, there are more flowmasks in the PFC4/DFC4,
which means you can have more features with conflicting flowmasks
enabled at the same time.

I don't have the numbers to hand; talk to your account manager for
details, but I'm reasonably sure the PFC4 does this better.

> My configuration:

You didn't list your netflow config.

I take it you're unable or unwilling to change your netflow flowmask to
match that required by the microflow policer?

> BTW. Can also Sup2-T/PFC4 solve all issues with IPv6 ? Eg. full ipv6
> acls instead of compressed like on PFC3, ipv6 copp, ipv6 hardware pbr

Yes to all, I believe. Also IPv6 uRPF in hardware.

Again, check with your account manager to be sure.