[c-nsp] Cat4500 High CPU with Multicast Stream

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Thu Jul 14 13:52:02 EDT 2011

What interfaces do you have ? Remember that 1% of 10GB is 100Mbps which is
enough to kill the switch CPU.

Also in your QoS config, be careful because the UDP Class takes precedence
over the Multicast Class. So maybe you are not policing as you like. You
should change the order, first the Multicast Class, then the UDP Class.

policy-map POLICY_RATE

class CLASS_UDP

  police 5000000 375000 exceed-action drop

class CLASS_Multicast_ICMP

  police 50000 62500 exceed-action drop

class class-default

  police 1000000000 1000000 exceed-action drop

!

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
 <mailto:amsoares at netcabo.pt> amsoares at netcabo.pt