[c-nsp] WiSM support on 12.2SXI?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Jul 17 04:19:38 EDT 2011

All:

Has anyone run into odd issues getting WiSM blades running in a 6500 when
upgrading to a 12.2SXI image (specifically, 12.2(33)SXI6)?

I just tried a code upgrade on a 6509 tonight from 12.2(33)SXH5 to
12.2(33)SXI6, and everything else seemed to work fine, except the WiSM.

When upgrading to 12.2(33)SXI6, the switch appears to reject the interface
configurations for the gig-e inerfaces that are used for port-channels to
the WiSM, and the switch will still reject those interface configurations
if you try to re-add them manually.

I didn't see anything really relevant or earth-shattering in the release
notes, but I didn't test ths WiSM funcitonality much beyond the module
powering up, coming up as Ok in the module status and being able to
session into the blade.

jms