[c-nsp] finding unicast flooding in Wireshark sniff

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Tue Jul 19 16:18:13 EDT 2011

Rogelio,
Are you just the tunnel provider or do you have access to the LAN
segments on either side?  The easiest way would be to grab a trunk on
the LAN and just look for non broadcast traffic of course...

If you have some administrative control of the source, you could check
dst mac against the mac address table pointing into the tunnel.

If you have a list of known addresses and want to check it against the
trace, that would be more than I have done with wireshark, but I'm sure
some tshark with command line options / scripting could help.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco