[c-nsp] high performance open source DHCP solution?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jul 20 04:19:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 23:24 -0300, Rogelio wrote:
> The free DHCP solution, ISC, seems to be having scaling issues (i.e.
> handling only about 200 DHCPDISCOVER and 20 DHCPRENEW requests), and I
> was wondering if anyone had any open source suggestions of solutions
> that could scale much better?

I concur with Lincoln; you can get better performance by having lease
and log files on either an SSD or a RAM disk. We use the latter, with
scripts copying the lease file to/from disk on startup and every once in
a while.

If you need suggestions for improving performance of ISC DHCPd you can
try asking on dhcp-users at lists.isc.org.

--
Peter